During the CAP, before accepting the allotted seat a Candidate can opt to ‘Freeze’, ‘Slide’ or ‘Float’ the choice of academic program for subsequent round(s), if any, of seat allocation, as provided below
Candidates accept the offered seat and they do not want to participate in any further rounds of seat allocation. Such Candidates will not be considered in subsequent rounds of admission.
Candidates accept the offered seat and indicate that, if admission to an academic program of higher preference is offered within the same Institution, they will accept it. Such Candidates will be considered in subsequent rounds of admission .
Candidates accept the offered seat and indicate that, if admission to an academic program of higher preference in any Institution is offered, they will accept it. Else, they will continue with the currently accepted academic program. Such Candidates will be considered in subsequent rounds of admission.
- For Candidates who choose the Float or Slide option, and secures a seat of his choice of higher preference, then it would automatically result in the forfeiture of the seat accepted by the Candidate in the earlier round.
- Sliding and Floating options will not be available to a Candidate who is offered admission to his First choice.
Transfer of Admission
Change of Course or Institution after First, Second Year
- The Candidate seeking for a change in course or shift after successfully completing the First Year of studies will be allowed to do so in the same institution subject to the availability of seats and changes will be carried out based on the marks of First Year or First and Second Semester together. The Principal shall be responsible for ascertaining the eligibility of the Candidates as laid down by the MSBTE for the course to which the Candidate is being transferred. List of such changes shall be communicated to the office of the Admissions Regulating Authority.
Transfer of Candidates (Course or Institution) after one Year shall be made in the following manner
- The Candidate once admitted in First Year shall not be eligible for transfer to any other institution during the same academic year.
- The Candidate passing the First Year or both first and second semester examinations in full or failed in one of the heads of passing are considered as eligible for transfer.
- There shall be no transfer of students at any stage in any case from Unaided Institutions to Government or Government Aided Institutions. However, the Candidate from Government or Government Aided Institution may seek transfer to Unaided Educational Institution
- There shall be no transfer of students at any stage to Autonomous Institutions.
- Transfer to Unaided Institutions.—The Principals of Unaided institutions shall consider the Candidates from other institutions for transfer with prior approval from the Admissions Regulating Authority on submission of No Objection Certificate (NOC) from institution, Eligibility Certificate from MSBTE and Vacancy position. The Principal or Director shall ascertain the eligibility of Candidates as laid down by the MSBTE for the course to which the Candidate is being transferred.
- No Application without recommendation of the Principal of Institution shall be entertained by the Admissions Regulating Authority.
- If the result of the MSBTE or Institution is not declared before the process of transfer, Candidates of that Board or Institution will lose claim on transfer.